Assam Tea Selection
Brewed with water at 90 Degrees, let the flower unfurl do not remove flower. This is can be steeped a number of times.
The Indian state of Assam is one of the world’s most famous Tea-growing areas. It lies to the northeast of the country and is dominated by the mighty River Brahmaputra.
The free-flowing water from here makes the Assam Valley remarkably fertile, which in turn helps to produce characteristically strong and malty Tea. If you’re interested in discovering its potential, look no further than our Assam Tea Selection.
This collection includes our “House” Assam Tea GBOP, which makes for an excellent introduction to the world of Indian Tea as a whole. It also comes with Assam Tea Behora TGFOP, Assam Tea Dikom STGFOP1, Assam Tea Panitola TGFOP and Assam Tea Namdang TGFOP1. Whichever one you brew up first, you’re undoubtedly in for a treat.
What’s more, it’s worth noting that The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company pack every Loose Leaf Tea, Tisane and Coffee fresh to order. This is our way of guaranteeing not only quality but also consistency. What more could you want from your morning cuppa?
What to Expect Tea Selection
- “House” Assam Tea GBOP: Casual drinkers and connoisseurs alike choose our “House” Assam Tea GBOP for its traditionally malty flavours and Black Tea benefits. Indeed, regardless of whether you’re a beginner or an expert, it makes for the perfect start to the day.
- Assam Tea Behora TGFOP: Founded in 1908, the Behora Tea Estate finds itself in the Dhunseri District and has long produced exceptional-tasting brews. It also shares a personal history with Richard Smith, the owner of our company, whose family was involved in its day-to-day running.
- Assam Tea Dikom STGFOP1: Long before the British Raj oversaw the development of an Indian Tea Industry, native Tea grew on land that now makes up the Dikom Tea Estate. Today, this renowned establishment continues to impress with its notably full-bodied infusions.
- Assam Tea Panitola TGFOP: The Panitola Estate is the epicentre of all the upper Assam Tea gardens. In part due to this positioning, as well as the local climatic conditions, the leaves it produces often offer a strong liquor in cup.
- Assam Tea Namdang TGFOP1: Located in the Tinsukia district, the Namdang Estate belongs to the Mcleod Russel Plantations Group, a company with an outstanding history and reputation. Assam Tea Namdang TGFOP1, in particular, offers distinctly traditional characteristics.