Brew with fresh boiling water and infuse for 3 to 5 minutes
Chocolate and Coconut Black Tea is a Flavoured Black Tea. It is as indulgently sweet and moreish as it sounds, boasting an exquisite creamy taste from start to finish.
This Caribbean creation includes Black Tea leaves, Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Pieces, Coconut Flakes and Natural Flavouring. Such ingredients combined are a match made in heaven.
When it comes to Caffeine in Tea content, you can expect around 45-mg per 8-oz cup. There is a chance it comes with Black Tea benefits, too, according to the latest scientific research.
Perhaps best of all is the fact that we pack it fresh to order. This is our way of guaranteeing both quality and consistency with every cuppa brewed. What, then, are you waiting for? Try it today!
Facts about Flavoured Black Tea
- Black Tea, like Green, White and Oolong, comes from the Camellia sinensis (Tea) plant. The difference between each type is their processing at the factory.
- This variety undergoes the most oxidation, which is a chemical reaction whereby the leaves quite literally change from green to black. Their taste becomes dramatically different, as well.
- Recent statistics suggest that 78% of Tea drinkers choose Black Tea. 20% pick Green Tea, while the remaining 2% are other types. Flavoured Black Tea, specifically, meanwhile, is on the rise.
- Contrary to popular belief, the concept of adding flavours to Tea leaves is far from a new idea. It indeed dates back to soon after the discovery of Tea some 5,000 years ago.
- Chocolate and Coconut Black Tea is one of our best-selling Flavoured Tea varieties due, in part, to it satisfying the sweet tooth.
Is Chocolate and Coconut Tea for Me?
A common misconception is that Flavoured Tea uses only lower-quality leaves. This might be true for some companies, but certainly not for us.
We treat each infusion, regardless of its characteristics, with the same care and attention as any other.
There is no “lesser” brew here at The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company, so don’t worry! Simply put the kettle on and enjoy.
Type of Tea: Black Tea.
Ingredients: Black Tea leaves, Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Pieces, Coconut Flakes and Natural Flavouring. Contains Allergens: Soya Lecithin and Condensed Milk
Contains Allergens: Soya Lecithin and Condensed Milk
Brewing Instructions: Brew using freshly boiled water. Infuse for 3 to 5 minutes.
How to Serve: Best served without additions.
Tasting Notes: Imparts sweet, creamy, tropical flavours - a true delight to the senses.
Colour in Cup: Coppery liquor, light in tone.
Benefits of Chocolate and Coconut Tea
Habitual Tea drinking (at least three times a week) could support a longer, healthier life. This is according to a study published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, which saw 100,902 participants split into two groups.
The first group comprised volunteers who drank three or more cups of Tea a week. The second group included those who drank less than three brews a week.
Both sets of volunteers were followed-up for a median of 7.3 years. The results ultimately establish that 50-year-old habitual Tea drinkers had a 20% lower risk of developing coronary heart disease.
Additionally, scientists noted that these same brew lovers could live up to 1.26 years longer than someone who never or rarely drank Tea. Pretty neat for your morning cuppa, wouldn’t you agree?