Brewed with water at 90 Degrees, let the flower unfurl do not remove flower. This is can be steeped a number of times.
Decaffeinated Green Tea Bags enable you to enjoy your favourite Green Tea flavours without caffeine. Each parcel of Tea has undergone the Co2 decaffeination process, which is the safest and most efficient method of removing this stimulant.
We then pack it fresh to order here at our Kent-based factory, ensuring quality and consistency with every cuppa brewed.
It’s important to note, however, that the process of decaffeination doesn’t remove ALL of the caffeine. A trace amount remains, which, despite being minimal, can still have a small impact.
The Co2 process nevertheless removes around 98%, making our Decaffeinated Green Tea Bags an excellent choice for many. Buy from The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company today.
Facts About Caffeine and Decaf Green Tea
- It was a German scientist named Friedrich Ferdinand Ruge who discovered caffeine in the 1820s.
- The term “caffeine” is a combination of the German word “kaffee” and the French word “café”.
- Caffeine is a naturally occurring stimulant found in over 60 plants.
- Once consumed, it’s absorbed into the bloodstream, broken up in the liver, and finally passed on to numerous organs in the body - namely the brain.
- It functions by blocking adenosine, a neurotransmitter that relaxes the mind. In doing so, it has the opposite effect, resulting in the body feeling more energised and less sleepy.
- Decaf Green Tea, due to the fact it’s undergone decaffeination, is a good choice before bed because it likely won’t keep you up at night.
Why Choose Decaffeinated Green Tea Bags?
According to legend, an ancient Chinese emperor named Shennong discovered Green Tea some 5,000 years ago.
Today, around 20% of Tea drinkers choose it, while the majority 78% brew up Black Tea. However, the market is changing as we realise the full potential of Green Tea Benefits. Research now indicates that this beverage can improve life in small yet significant ways.
Taste, too, has a big part to play when weighing up your options between Green Tea and Black Tea. While the latter has a distinctly malty, full-bodied flavour, the former has more “natural” notes of grass and herbs.
The biggest decider here is, undoubtedly, the caffeine content. If you’re looking to cut down your intake of this stimulant, our Decaffeinated Green Tea Bags are a perfect choice.
Type of Tea: Green Tea.
Brewing Instructions: Brew using freshly boiled water left to cool to temperatures between 75 and 80°C. Infuse for 1 to 3 minutes.
How to Serve: This Tea tastes best without additions, although some add honey or lemon.
Tasting Notes: Embrace traditional grassy flavours with refreshingly sweet undertones.
Colour in Cup: Golden-yellow liquor, light in tone.
Why Drink Decaffeinated Green Tea Bags
It’s a common misconception that Decaf Tea has no health benefits. Although the process of decaffeination removes caffeine, it rarely extracts the nutrients found in the leaves.
This means that our Decaffeinated Green Tea Bags, like all types of Green Tea, contain a wealth of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These chemical compounds can, in turn, improve your health and wellbeing.
- TypeGreen Tea
- Health PointsDetox, Digestive, Flu, Heart, Hydration, Immune System, Refreshing, Relaxing
- Caffeine LevelDecaff (none)
- OptionsTea Bags
- Time of DayBreakfast, Lunchtime, Afternoon, Evening