Terms & Conditions
All users of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law, please ensure you read these before using this website as continued use of this site is considered as consent to their terms. Terms and conditions may be updated at any time. The Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Company is the trading name of The Kent Tea & Trading Company.
1. Contact Details
The Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Company, Pivington Mill, Egerton Road Pluckley, Ashford, Kent, TN27 0PG, UK
Telephone: (UK) +44 (0) 1233 840265
Email: See our contact page for further details.
VAT Number: 373 7282 32 contact page
- We accept PayPal, their subsidiary Braintree, or direct payment via a Visa or Mastercard Credit/Debit card; however we do not accept American Express.
- Card details can be given via phone, or mailed to the address above or one of the email addresses on our contacts page respectively. These payments are then transacted through the moto live secure terminal.
- Following payment you will receive an email to indicate your order has been received; we recommend checking your spam folder so as to avoid missing this. This email is not a guarantee of delivery; our acceptance of your offer to purchase our goods is subject to their availability, see below for details.
3. Availability of Goods
Being crops both tea and coffee have changeable availability, so where any price change or stock unavailability is found after you make an order, we will contact you prior to invoicing to confirm changes to that order. Providing a method of contact with your payment will make this process easier for both parties.
- We regularly aim to ship within 3 working days, 5 during busy periods; potentially longer where bank holidays occur. We will dispatch part order and notify you regarding items delayed through lack of stock; If this is to be a longer period or a discontinuation we will contact you regarding a potential cancellation or exchange.
- Where any additional costs apply or you require crediting we will contact you for your information, as in line with data protection we do not retain credit card information from our customers.
4. Product Information - Descriptions - Typographical Errors
If the situation occurs that The Kent Tea & Trading Company mistakenly lists a product at an incorrect price, The Kent Tea & Trading Company reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price.
- The Kent Tea & Trading Company reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged.
- If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, The Kent Tea & Trading Company shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
- While we make every effort to represent our products as accurately as possible all sizes and measurements are approximate, and differences in consumers' monitors mean we cannot guarantee that the packaging pictured on the website will reflect the true packaging of the delivered product.
If you have questions regarding products please contact us via our contact page.
- An invoice is received with all orders, via email and additionally with the goods, except in situations where the product is sent to a third party as a Gift. In this situation a separate receipt is sent directly to the purchaser.
- You will also receive a confirmation email when we ship your package, with any applicable tracking information.
6. Taxes & VAT
- The Kent Tea & Trading Company operates a multi-store website, with different versions available in Russian, French and English. Prices are reflected in pound (£) sterling, Rubles, and Euros in accordance with each sites appropriate currency.
All of our prices are quoted inclusive of local taxes (including VAT) where applicable.
7. Delivery of Goods – (see FAQ for further details)
- We deliver worldwide, availability of certain delivery services dependent on your location.
- We aim to dispatch within 3 business working days, 5 during peak periods.
- Delivery to European countries can take 10-30 days dependent on area.
- Please note that remote locations may take significantly longer.
- Any additional charges in relation to remote locations or a delivery being outside the possibility of a specified postage class will be calculated and made clear on your invoice, please see our contact page for any queries.
Orders may be subject to customs chargers in some countries, which The Kent Tea & Trading Company are not liable for.
7.(i) U.K private and wholesale customers:
- Please see our delivery page for specific delivery costs by area.
7.(ii) International customers:
- International orders are delivered via either DHL, Boxberry to Russia; or packed in individual 2kg parcels and sent by the Royal Mail Airmail service with the option of tracking, see our delivery page for further details.
8. Returns and Cancellations Please note:
Your right to return does not apply to products of the category below unless faulty: (1) Goods made to your specification (2) Perishable goods Return address: The Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Company Pivington Mill, Egerton Road Pluckley Ashford Kent TN27 0PG UK
8.(i) Return of Unwanted/Unrequired Goods:
You have the right to cancel or return you order within a 14 (working day) cancellation period, which begins from the point that either:
- (1) You or a 3rd party which you specify to us receives your order.
- (2) The last part of your order arrives (if an order is shipped as multiple packages, e.g. when airmailed).
To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel our distance contract by a clear statement, we recommend the form supplied on our contact page. You can also electronically fill in and submit our model cancellation form on our website; If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation on a durable medium (e.g. by Email) without delay. The Kent Tea & Trading Company will not bear the costs of returns postage, unless the order is faulty, incorrect or damaged.
If you cancel an order, The Kent Tea & Trading Company will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). The Kent Tea & Trading Company reserves the right to withhold reimbursement until receiving the goods back, or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest. The Kent Tea & Trading Company reserves the right to make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. The Kent Tea & Trading Company will endeavour to make the reimbursement within 3 working days, and no later than—
- (1) 14 days from the day you return any goods supplied, or provide evidence that you have returned them, (2) If there were no goods supplied, 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- You are responsible for any returned goods, therefore we recommend you obtain a proof of postage certificate/receipt when returning goods.
- Should your returned parcel be lost, it is your responsibility to claim compensation from the carrier. The Kent Tea & Trading Company will not be held liable for unforeseen delays such as acts of God, strikes, riots or war.
8.(ii) Damaged or lost goods:
- We reserve the right after the 14 day cancellation period to offer a replacement item of similar or equivalent value on damaged goods. Your rights to return goods are covered under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013.
- If you receive the parcel damaged please note this fact when signing for it, and if unable to open the damaged package in the presence of the carrier please sign for the item as ‘damaged package; goods not yet inspected’, retaining all paperwork.
- Please contact our customer services team via our contact page, in the unfortunate situation that goods do not arrive within 45 days of notification you of order acceptance, or if goods arrive damaged; so we can arrange a replacement product for you.
Copyright & Intellectual Property
All rights, including copyright and trading names on this website are owned by The Kent Tea & Trading Company. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the express permission of The Kent Tea & Trading Company. Limitation of Liability
- The Kent Tea & Trading Company shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages resulting from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products.
- The website of The Kent Tea & Trading Company is provided 'as is' without any kind of warranty, including implied warranties with regards to merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Kent Tea & Trading Company’s employees and suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees; resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person (including those for whom you are responsible) accessing the site using your Internet account.
12. Third-Party Links The Kent Tea & Trading Company may link to sites operated by third parties for the purpose of customer usage. However, even if the third party is affiliated with The Kent Tea & Trading Company, The Kent Tea & Trading Company has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of The Kent Tea & Trading Company. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk.
13. Discounts and Vouchers
- Discount codes or vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with another offer.
- The Kent Tea & Trading Company reserve the right to cancel offers, discounts or vouchers at any time.
- The Kent Tea & Trading Company reserves the right to deny a purchase resulting from misuse of a promotional code.
The Kent Tea & Trading Company do not disclose buyers' information to any third parties other than those we use in order to deliver your goods, or to request feedback from you. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party. Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart, to store delivery addresses if the address book is used and to store your details if you select the 'Remember Me' Option. They are also used after you have logged on as part of that process.
15.(i) Purchasing a subscription
- We operate a subscription service, whereby we send products at an agreed time to the place of your choice. These are made clear at the time of purchase and via subsequent email confirmations.
- Subscription packages auto-renew where stated at the point of purchase; gift subscriptions do not.
- Customers can change their payment dates, skip a month or cancel their Subscription from their online account; up to 7 days before the subscription is due for delivery.
15.(ii) The contract and obligations
- By placing an order through our website, you confirm that you are:
- Legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- On purchasing a subscription package, a contract is formed between The Kent Tea & Trading Company and you until cancellation.
- We are responsible for issuing your subscription each month and responsible for you receiving your goods each month to an acceptable quality.
- Subscription prices vary, and will be clearly displayed at point of purchase including future payments that will be taken.
- Subscriptions on an auto-renewal plan will charge you at point of purchase and each auto-renewal.
- If payment is unsuccessful your subscription will not be fulfilled, if you renew your subscription and payment fails then you will receive an automated email to notify you; under your online account you can change/amend card details.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your order following your purchase which includes your subscription number.
- Acceptance of your order and a subsequent contract between us will be enacted once payment is taken, unless either we have notified you that we do not accept the order or you have cancelled it.
15. (vi) Cancellation
- You have the right to cancel or return your subscription order up to 14 days following payment, whereby you will receive a full refund including postage if the order is returned in full.
- You can cancel a subscription package at any time, if your auto-renewal has processed then your order will be cancelled from the following auto-renewal.
- Cancellation can be enacted from within your account area of the website, or contact us via the details found our contacts page.
- If your order has already been dispatched please follow the information found under our returns section.
16.Rights to change terms:
- We have the right to revise or amend these terms and condition where it reflects changes in market conditions that affect our business, such for example as technological advancement, legal and regulatory requirements and changes in available payment methods.
17. Proper Law and Courts of Jurisdiction:
All transactions undertaken through this website are governed by English Law and any legal actions arising out of such transactions shall be subject to English legal processes, with resolution agreed under the jurisdiction of English Courts. This does not affect your statutory rights.
18. Term Termination ⦁ The terms and conditions listed on this page are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by The Kent Tea & Trading Company without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademarks, Limitation of Liability, and Indemnity, shall survive any termination.
19. Model Cancellation Form
The Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Company, Pivington Mill, Egerton Road, Pluckley, Ashford, Kent, TN27 0PG, UK
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the provision of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*], Name of consumer(s), Address of consumer(s), Signature of consumer(s)
(only if this form is notified on paper), Date
[*] Delete as appropriate.