Brew with fresh boiling water and infuse for 3 to 5 minutes
Ceylon Tea Kenilworth Estate Nuwara Eliya FBOP is a unique, extraordinary infusion for many reasons. First and foremost, it boasts sweet notes with deep, malty undertones - most unlike other Ceylon Black Tea types.
Then there is the fact that its grade is FBOP (Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe), which, again, is rare for Tea from Sri Lanka. But that’s not all on offer here.
It’s worth noting, too, that it contains a significant amount of caffeine (approx. 45-mg per 8-oz cup), thus making it an excellent choice first thing in the morning.
Additionally, according to the latest scientific research, it might come with Black Tea Benefits. Many people, however, choose it because we pack almost all of our products, including this one, fresh to order. What’s not to like?
The Kenilworth Tea Estate
This garden lies in the district of Nuwara Eliya (itself in the Central Province of Sri Lanka) about 100 kilometres from the capital city, Colombo. It is the flagship Estate of Watawala Plantations PLC, its name deriving from a castle situated in Warwickshire, UK.
It covers 603.11 hectares, of which 295.36Ha (49%) is used for Tea cultivation. The remaining 51% is for forestry and fuelwood.
Kenilworth experiences an annual rainfall of around 4,500mm spread over 200 days, and enjoys the benefits of both the Southwest and Northeast Monsoons.
Its elevations, meanwhile, vary from 616 to 640 metres. These factors combined contribute significantly to the taste and profile of our Ceylon Tea Kenilworth Estate Nuwara Eliya FBOP.
The True Meaning of FBOP
Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe is a Tea grade of many noteworthy qualities. Perhaps most vitally, the fact that manufacturers have broken up its leaves into slightly smaller pieces enables it to boast a stronger flavour when brewed.
This, in turn, makes Ceylon Tea Kenilworth Estate Nuwara Eliya FBOP an exceptionally hearty infusion, which is to the taste of many. Discover its full potential today.
Type of Tea: Black Tea.
Origin: The Kenilworth Estate, Nuwara Eliya, Central Province, Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon).
Brewing Instructions: Brew using freshly boiled water. Infuse for 3 to 5 minutes.
How to Serve: Some serve it without accompaniments. Most, however, add milk, sugar, honey or lemon.
Tasting Notes: Imparts sweet, malty, honey-like notes - much like Assam Leaf Tea.
Colour in Cup: Coppery liquor, light in tone.
Benefits of Ceylon Tea Kenilworth Estate Nuwara Eliya FBOP
Health Benefits: Are you looking to fit into your favourite pair of jeans again? Drinking this Tea could help. The reason is its ability to boost the metabolism of fat cells, which enables the body to burn fat quicker and more efficiently.
Furthermore, it contains no more than two calories per serving, thus making it a great alternative to sugary, fatty soft drinks. It’s vital to note, however, that it’s not going to do all of the work for you.
In other words, keep up with those morning jogs and salads.
- TypeBlack Tea
- Health PointsAnti Oxidants, Cholesterol, Detox, Diabetes, Heart
- Caffeine LevelMedium
- OptionsLoose Tea
- Time of DayBreakfast, Lunchtime, Afternoon