Brew with fresh boiling water and infuse for 3 to 5 minutes
Darjeeling Gopaldhara Wonder Tea is a rare, unique type of Darjeeling Oolong. It boasts many of the characteristics made famous by Darjeeling First Flush Tea.
However, the fact that it is an Oolong means that it is especially sought-after by connoisseurs. The leaves are large and twisted with silver tips. When brewed, they produce wonderful, aromatic notes and a nutty aftertaste.
Its caffeine content amounts to around 37-mg per 8-oz cup. There is also a chance of it coming with Oolong Tea benefits, according to the latest scientific research, which includes improved digestion.
Why not buy it and try it today with The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company? We pack this Tea, like almost all of our products, fresh to order, ensuring quality and consistency.
Facts About Oolong Tea
- White, Green, Black and Oolong all come from the same Camellia sinensis (Tea) plant. The difference between each one happens at the factory.
- This particular type undergoes semi-oxidation, which is why some call it the “in-between Tea.” In other words, its processing is in the middle of Green and Black Tea.
- Another name associated with Oolong is “Chinese Restaurant Tea.” This term refers to how it has become a popular choice while dining out in China - due, in part, to it aiding digestion.
- India, and particularly Darjeeling, isn’t well known for the production of Oolong. Our Darjeeling Gopaldhara Wonder Tea, then, is a true gem - indeed a “wonder.”
The Gopaldhara Tea Estate
This Tea comes from the Gopaldhara Tea Estate, which finds itself in the Mirik Valley. It is one of the highest gardens in the region, consisting of some 172 hectares of Tea-growing land. Established in 1955, Gopaldhara has spent many years cultivating its outstanding reputation.
Darjeeling Gopaldhara Wonder Tea, in particular, showcases the estate’s finer qualities in a cup.
Type of Tea: Oolong Tea.
Origin: The Gopaldhara Tea Estate, Mirik Valley, Darjeeling, West Bengal, India.
Brewing Instructions: Brew using freshly boiled water left to cool to temperatures between 80 and 90°C. Infuse for 2 to 3 minutes.
How to Serve: Best served without additions.
Tasting Notes: This Tea is a notably aromatic infusion with distinct nutty notes.
Colour in Cup: Coppery-yellow liquor, light in tone.
Benefits of Darjeeling Gopaldhara Wonder Tea
So how, exactly, does Darjeeling Gopaldhara Wonder Tea aid digestion? According to research, it can alkalise the digestive tract, reducing inflammation in those with acid reflux and ulcer problems.
Additionally, some scientists believe that it’s antiseptic, meaning it could clear harmful bacteria in the stomach. Pretty impressive for your morning cuppa, huh?
- TypeOolong Tea
- Health PointsAnti Oxidants, Digestive, Hydration, Refreshing
- Caffeine LevelMedium
- OptionsLoose Tea
- Time of DayLunchtime, Afternoon