Brew with water at a temperature between 75 and 80 degrees and leave to infuse for 1 to 3 minutes
Bai Mu Dan Organic White Tea is a rare, elegant White Tea from Fujian province, China. Produced in the early spring, it is only the top bud and two top leaves used in its making.
This ensures that it’s of the highest quality, which, when brewed, transcends in your cup. Every sip of this wholesome, nutritious infusion has delicate, floral flavours with a refreshing aftertaste.
White Teas such as Bai Mu Dan undergo only minimal oxidation. This means that they lack the caffeine of their Black, Green and Oolong Tea counterparts.
It also means they retain the vast majority of their antioxidants, thus enabling it to benefit your life in small yet significant ways.
Whether you’ve chosen this beverage for its taste or health potential, rest assured knowing we pack it fresh to order.
Facts about Bai Mu Dan
- Bai Mu Dan, like most types of White Tea, is harvested when the leaves are still young.
- Contrary to popular belief, the name White Tea doesn’t refer to the colour of the liquor. Instead, it’s to do with the white hairs found on the leaf.
- According to some sources, this particular variety wasn’t “invented” until 1922.
- If White Tea worked on a strict grading system, Bai Mu Dan would, undoubtedly, be near the very top due to its exceptional flavour and well-documented health benefits.
- Bai Mu Dan is one of the most popular White Tea types we stock.
Why Choose Bai Mu Dan Organic White Tea?
Bai Mu Dan is essentially Tea in its most natural form. The lack of processing at the factory means that it maintains much of its original character and charm. While Green Tea has long held the spotlight for its health benefits, White Teas like Bai Mu Dan have, in fact, much more to offer.
This Tea tastes great, too, and it deserves a place in your cupboard and heart.
Type of Tea: White Tea.
Origin: Fujian, China.
Brewing Instructions: Brew using freshly boiled water left to cool to temperatures between 75 and 80°C. Infuse for 1 to 3 minutes.
How to Serve: Best served without accompaniments.
Tasting Notes: Imparts a delight, aromatic, floral note of jasmine with a woody, bamboo aroma.
Colour in Cup: Golden-yellow liquor, light in tone.
Benefits of Bai Mu Dan White Tea
Drinking Bai Mu Dan every day could, potentially, see your waistline shrink! According to a 2009 study published in “Nutrition and Metabolism”, this is because it can boost the metabolism of fat cells, resulting in weight loss.
The research recognised how White Tea effectively reduces the deposition of triglycerides in human adipocytes (fat cells) and promotes the breakdown of fats. In other words, its frequent consumption enables the body to burn fat quicker and more efficiently.