Brew with water at 75 to 80 degrees and brew for 2 to 3 minutes, be careful not to over infuse
Introducing Mao Feng Green Tea - a beloved classic from China known for its smooth and sweet taste. This highly sought-after tea is famous for its refreshing flavour and subtle grassy aroma, making it a top choice among tea enthusiasts.
Crafted from the finest young leaves sourced from the top of the tea bush, Mao Feng Tea is carefully steamed after picking to preserve its exceptional flavour. The result is an emerald green infusion with a gentle floral scent and a delicate sweetness that lingers in every sip.
Experience the pure pleasure of Mao Feng Green Tea - a tea that embodies the perfect balance of taste and quality.
What is Mao Feng Green Tea
From the lush mountainous regions of China, is renowned for its distinctively bright, clean, and subtly sweet flavour profile. Each leaf is carefully hand-picked in the early spring, often just as they are beginning to unfurl, ensuring the freshest, most vibrant tastes are captured at their peak.
This tea is distinguished by its unique appearance - the leaves are long and slightly curved, with a fine white down, resembling the peak of a mountain, which is where the name 'Mao Feng' originates, translating to 'Fur Peak' in English.
The steaming process that follows the picking helps to retain the rich green hue and the delicate, natural aroma of the leaf, resulting in a brew that is as visually appealing as it is delicious.
How to Make Mao Feng Green Tea
Making Mao Feng Green Tea is an art as much as it is a science. To extract the finest flavour and aroma, follow these steps:
- Choose your teapot: Opt for a glass teapot or a ceramic gaiwan. These are best for brewing Mao Feng Green Tea as they allow the leaves to fully unfurl and release their flavour.
- Measure the tea: For each 150ml of water, use about 4 grams, which equates to approximately a teaspoon.
- Heat the water: Ideal brewing temperature for Mao Feng Green Tea is 80-85℃. If you don't have a thermometer, simply bring the water to a boil and then let it sit for about 2 minutes to achieve the desired temperature.
- Infuse the tea: Pour the heated water over the tea leaves. Let them steep for about 1-2 minutes. For subsequent brews, you can add 30-60 seconds each time.
- Enjoy: Strain the tea into your cup. The colour should be a clear, pale green. Savour the tea while it is hot to appreciate its full flavour profile.
Tasting Notes: Mao Feng Green Tea has a light and refreshing taste, with a delicate grassy flavour and sweet aftertaste. Its unmistakably clean cup is subtly aromatic, carrying notes of spring flowers and honey. Enjoyed either hot or iced, its smooth texture makes for an incredibly pleasant drinking experience.
Caffeine Content: Contains a moderate amount of caffeine, ranging from 15-50mg per cup, depending on the brewing time.
Remember, the key to a perfect cup of Mao Feng Green Tea is patience and attention to detail. These steps are guidelines but feel free to adjust based on your taste. For a stronger flavour, use more tea leaves or extend the steeping time. Conversely, for a more subtle taste, reduce the amount of tea or steep for a shorter period. The beauty of tea-making lies in finding your unique preferences.
Mao Feng Green Tea Benefits
It is not just a delight for your taste buds but also a boon for your health. Below are several benefits you can derive from this exquisite brew:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Loaded with powerful antioxidants called catechins, which help combat oxidative stress in the body. These antioxidants also protect against a range of diseases, including heart disease and cancer.
- Boosts Metabolism: The tea has thermogenic properties, meaning it can help boost your metabolic rate and aid in weight management.
- Promotes Heart Health: It may reduce LDL cholesterol levels and improve the health of your blood vessels, thereby lowering your risk of heart disease.
- Supports Brain Health: The caffeine and L-theanine present in Mao Feng Green Tea may enhance brain function, improve mood, and boost productivity.
- Aids Digestion: The tea is a natural diuretic, which helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system, reducing bloating and promoting overall gut health.
- Strengthens Immunity: Drinking Mao Feng Green Tea regularly can help strengthen your immune system, making you more resistant to common illnesses like the flu and cold.
- Promotes Healthy Skin: The antioxidants in this tea can also help delay skin ageing, reduce acne, and promote a healthy, glowing complexion.
You can learn more about the Benefits of Green Tea on our blog.
In conclusion, Mao Feng Green Tea is a wonderful blend of taste and health benefits, making it a worthwhile addition to your daily routine. Just remember, moderation is key. Too much Green Tea can lead to side effects like insomnia or an upset stomach. So, sip wisely and enjoy the myriad benefits of this excellent brew.
Health PointsCholesterol, Detox, Digestive, Flu, Heart, Hydration, Immune System
Time of DayBreakfast, Lunchtime, Afternoon