How To Make Iced Coffee
It’s official: summer has arrived. During the hotter months, we tend to drink less warm beverages and more infusions of the ‘chilled’ variety. In previous articles, we’ve already talked about how to make Iced Tea. What about how to make Iced Coffee?
Wait, Iced Coffee? That’s a thing? Absolutely. What’s more, it’s becoming increasingly popular, particularly among those who simply cannot start their day without a caffeine kick. For the rest of this article, we will show you how to make Iced Coffee and why everyone loves it so much!
How to Make Iced Coffee at Home
Making Iced Coffee is easier than many people believe. As its name suggests, this is essentially chilled Coffee perfect for drinking while relaxing in the sun. What more could you want from your morning cuppa? Follow the instructions below, and you can enjoy it today:
NOTE: If you don’t own a blender, it may take a few hours when it comes to “how to make Iced Coffee”. If you’re patient, however, it’s well worth the wait.
Ingredients: Coffee (we recommend Colombian Coffee), Milk, Ice Cubes and Sugar.
- Start by brewing our Colombian Coffee HOT. Adding milk and ice later will inevitably dilute the beverage, so also make it stronger than you’d usually have it.
- Consider adding sugar as an optional extra before the drink goes cold.
- Pour the beverage into a heat-resistant vessel.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature for AT LEAST an hour.
- Transfer it into a fridge for AT LEAST two hours.
- Serve in a tall glass with a few ice cubes and the desired amount of milk or cream. Be sure to STIR THOROUGHLY before drinking.
You’ve just made yourself a delicious brew well-suited to days out in the garden.
Making with a Blender
Is there an even easier way when it comes to how to make Iced Coffee? Yes, with a blender. If you have this kitchen item, follow the instructions below:
- Similar to previous instructions, start by brewing the Coffee HOT and STRONG.
- After a brief cooling period, transfer the brew into a blender.
- Add crushed ice cubes and a quarter of a cup of milk (for one serving).
- Consider optional extras such as vanilla or caramel. Alternatively, try using one of our Flavoured Coffees.
- Blend for around 10 seconds until thick.
- Serve in a tall glass.
Now, all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy. As you can see, how to make Iced Coffee is easy and can even be fun. Best of all, it tastes great.
Iced Coffee Recipes
There are, of course, other recipes to consider. It all depends on personal preference. One option is what’s known as a Mazagran. This is an Iced Coffee originating from Algeria. There are many versions of this recipe alone, although most include Coffee, ice cubes and lemon peel.
Another Iced Coffee recipe instead comes from Vietnam. This beverage, also known as Cà phê đá, uses dark roasted Coffee, like our French Roast Coffee, and condensed milk. Alternatively, you could try an Iced Coffee milkshake, which may well include something as extravagant as coconut milk.
Each recipe is as delicious as the last. Each one, however, has a slightly different method when it comes to how to make Iced Coffee. It’s worth trying a variety of recipes and picking your favourite. It’s also worth trying a variety of types of Coffee from our vast selection.
Does Iced Coffee Have Caffeine?
As briefly mentioned previously, all Iced Coffee recipes contain caffeine. Some, however, have significantly less caffeine than others. How does this work? Decaffeination. The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company stock two delicious Decaf Coffees that have undergone this process.
But surely that means they’re caffeine-free, right? Not quite. While Decaffeination removes the vast majority of this stimulating chemical compound (in some cases, up to 98%), there is always a trace amount remaining.
You can find out more information about this in our “How Much Caffeine in a Cup of Coffee” article.
Hopefully, this article has answered your question, “how to make Iced Coffee?”. Now, the time has come to browse our selection to pick your base ingredient. While Colombian Coffee is an excellent choice, we have over 70 other options, all of our coffee you can buy online!
The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company pack every Coffee, Loose Tea and Tisane fresh to order. This ensures not only quality but also consistency. Start browsing today and make this summer the best one yet!