Brew with water at 75 to 80 degrees and brew for 2 to 3 minutes, be careful not to over infuse
Cucumber and Melon Green Tea is a Flavoured Green Tea from China. While its ingredients might sound like a strange pairing at first, they are, in fact, a match made in heaven.
This is because, when brewed, Cucumber and Melon Green Tea is unmistakably sweet, grassy and refreshing - an absolute delight from start to finish. We pack it fresh to order here at our Kent-based factory, ensuring quality and consistency.
But that’s not all on offer here. This infusion also comes with a relatively significant amount of caffeine - around 30mg per 8-oz cup.
While not as energising as, say, Black Tea, it’ll still help you out of bed in the morning. Perhaps more important is the fact that, when enjoyed as part of a healthy and active lifestyle, it comes with Green Tea benefits. What more could you want from your new favourite beverage?
Facts About Flavoured Green Tea
- Green Tea, like Black, White and Oolong, comes from the Camellia sinensis (Tea) plant. The difference between each type is their processing at the factory.
- This variety undergoes the second-least oxidation after White Tea, meaning it retains much of its natural character and flavour.
- Recent statistics suggest that 20% of Tea drinkers choose Green Tea. 78% pick Black Tea, while the remaining 2% are other types. Flavoured Green Tea, specifically, meanwhile, is on the rise.
- Contrary to popular belief, the concept of adding flavours to Tea leaves is far from a new idea. It indeed dates back to soon after the discovery of Tea some 5,000 years ago.
- Cucumber and Melon Green Tea is one of our best-selling Flavoured Tea varieties due, in part, to it satisfying the sweet tooth.
Is Cucumber and Melon Green Tea for Me?
A common misconception is that Flavoured Tea uses only lower-quality leaves. This might be true for some companies, but certainly not for us.
We treat each infusion, regardless of its characteristics, with the same care and attention as any other. There is no “lesser” brew here at The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company, so don’t worry! Simply put the kettle on and enjoy.
Type of Tea: Green Tea.
Brewing Instructions: Brew using freshly boiled water left to cool to temperatures between 80 and 90°C. Infuse for 2 to 3 minutes.
How to Serve: Best served without additions.
Tasting Notes: Imparts sweet, fresh, fruity flavours with grassy undertones.
Colour in Cup: Yellow liquor, light in tone.
Cucumber and Melon Green Tea Benefits
This wholesome, nutritious beverage contains L-theanine, an amino acid capable of reducing anxiety while promoting sleep.
It functions by increasing the body’s production of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), serotonin and dopamine. GABA, in particular, plays an essential role in behaviour, cognition and the body’s response to stress.
Serotonin and dopamine also have a similar effect, regulating emotions, mood and concentration. According to research published in the Journal of Nutrition & Intermediary Metabolism, L-theanine reduced anxiety in 104 participants experiencing stressful situations.
Another study shows that it can increase relaxation without causing drowsiness.
Health PointsAnti Oxidants, Hydration, Refreshing
Time of DayLunchtime, Afternoon