Rooibos Pyramid Tea Bags
We would recommend to brew using boiling water and leave to infuse for 5 to 10 minutes
Rooibos Pyramid Tea Bags offer up to 50% extra space for its leaves to infuse. The result is a gentle sweetness with notes of nuts, honey and caramel.
While Tea Bags have existed since 1908, Pyramid Tea Bags only came about in 1997. Both types we stock here at The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company. Both types we pack fresh to order.
Is there caffeine in Rooibos Tea (usually pronounced “roy-boss”)? Put simply, no. This particular infusion is 100% void of it, making it an excellent alternative for those looking to cut down. What’s more, according to the latest scientific research, it might offer Rooibos Tea benefits.
Whatever your reason for choosing it, be it for its taste, lack of caffeine or medicinal value, you’ve chosen well with us.
Facts About Rooibos
- This is a herb that grows exclusively in the Cederberg region of South Africa.
- The plant (Aspalathus linearis) belongs to the Fabaceae (Legume) family.
- Wild Rooibos is subjected to some of the harshest conditions in the world, experiencing temperatures below zero in the winter and above 40°C in the summer.
- One of South Africa’s indigenous peoples, the Khoisan, first discovered it many centuries ago, although colonialism had a significant role in its popularisation.
- Rooibos, similar to “regular” Tea, undergoes varying levels of oxidation. This particular variety is oxidised the most, while Green Rooibos is oxidised the least.
Annique Theron and Rooibos
One of the most famous names in the world of Rooibos is Dr Annique Theron (1929-2016). In 1968, her daughter, Lorinda, was suffering from colic and allergies. Annique, as a result, decided to warm her breast milk with this herb to try and ease her symptoms - and it worked!
The South African mother later published a book on her findings. Since then, Rooibos has become popular for seasonal complaints.
Type of Tea: Herbal Tea.
Origin: Cederberg, Western Cape, South Africa.
Brewing Instructions: Brew using freshly boiled water. Infuse for 5 to 10 minutes.
How to Serve: Some add honey or lemon. Most, however, serve it without additions.
Tasting Notes: Imparts distinct herbaceous flavours with sweet, nutty undertones.
Colour in Cup: Ruby liquor, dark in tone.
Benefits of Rooibos Pyramid Tea Bags
Why did Annique’s daughter feel better after drinking Rooibos Tea? Scientists believe it’s something to do with the bioflavonoid, quercetin. Quercetin reportedly has antihistamine properties, which block the release of histamine from mast cells to curb common symptoms of seasonal allergies.
According to one study, it even has the potential to be as beneficial as certain antihistamine medicines.
Additionally, a 2001 report published in “Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry” found that it boosted the immune system, too, thus preventing common colds and the flu.
If that wasn’t enough, it promotes weight loss, lowers blood pressure, improves skin health and even reduces diabetes risks. What more could you want from your new favourite beverage? Buy Rooibos Pyramid Tea Bags today.
- TypeHerbal Tea
- Health PointsRelaxing
- Caffeine LevelDecaff (none)
- OptionsPyramid Bags
- Time of DayEvening