Decaffeinated Coffee Pods
A case of freshly Roasted Coffee Beans for your Espresso Machine
If you enjoy the taste of Coffee but want to cut down on caffeine, choose our Decaffeinated Coffee Pod. These delightful capsules, which are Nespresso® machine-compatible and aluminium-recyclable, are made of 80% South American Arabica and 20% Vietnamese Robusta.
Such a blend makes for a delightful cuppa time and time again. Expect strong, bitter, continental tastes with every sip.
Coffee Decaffeination Process
Decaffeination is the process of removing caffeine from a variety of products - including Tea and Coffee. Although it can’t remove ALL of the caffeine (approximately 5-10 milligrams remains), it does extract MOST of it.
This enables those who’re caffeine sensitive or pregnant to consume Coffee without the worry of too much stimulation. It also helps those who’re simply looking to cut down.
These Decaffeinated Coffee Pods, a blend of Brazillian, Peruvian and Vietnamese Coffee, are decaffeinated using the Swiss Water Process. This involves hot water being used to extra both flavour and caffeine levels in coffee molecules from the beans.
Afterwards, the molecules pass through a carbon filter, resulting in the larger flavour molecules being retained while the caffeine molecules are extracted.
More Facts About Caffeine in Coffee
- It was a German scientist named Friedrich Ferdinand Ruge who discovered caffeine in the 1820s.
- The term “caffeine” is a combination of the German word “kaffee” and the French word “café”.
- Caffeine is a naturally occurring stimulant found in over 60 plants.
- Once consumed, it’s absorbed into the bloodstream, broken up in the liver, and finally passed on to numerous organs in the body - namely the brain.
- It functions by blocking adenosine, a neurotransmitter that relaxes the mind. In doing so, it has the opposite effect, resulting in the body feeling more energised and less sleepy.
- The Swiss Water Process, in particular, can remove 94-96% of the caffeine in Coffee.
These Colombian Coffee Pods are compatible with Nespresso® machines. Nespresso® is a registered trademark of Société des Produits Nestlé S.A. and neither that company nor its affiliates have manufactured or endorsed our products in any way.