Make Coffee Ice Cream at Home: A Delicious and Easy Recipe
Making coffee ice cream at home is easier than you might think. In just a few simple steps, you can create a delicious treat that everyone will love. Plus, this recipe is perfect for those hot summer days when you need something cold and refreshing. So, why not give it a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
Table of Contents
Coffee Ice Cream Ingredients
1. 500ml cup whole milk
2. 400ml heavy/double cream
3. 250g of sugar
4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5. 30g ground coffee beans
6. 3 egg yolks
Vegan, No Worries, use these Ingredients
For vegans, there are a few ingredients that are essential for vegan coffee ice cream. The first is coffee, of course. It's best to use a dark roast coffee for this recipe, as it will add a rich flavor to the ice cream.
The second ingredient is non-dairy milk. We recommend using almond milk, as it has a creamy texture that works well in ice cream.
Finally, you'll need a vegan-friendly sweetener. We suggest using agave nectar, as it has a light flavor that won't overpower the taste of the coffee.
With these ingredients, you'll be able to create a delicious and refreshing vegan coffee ice cream that everyone will love.
How to Make Coffee Ice Cream Step-by-Step
With the warmer weather upon us, there's nothing quite like a cold, refreshing treat to help cool down. And what could be more delicious than coffee ice cream? Although you might not think it's possible to make this delightful dessert at home, it's actually quite easy.
All you need is a little time, some basic ingredients, and a few simple steps. Here's how to make coffee ice cream at home:
1. First, brew a pot of strong coffee. You'll want to use about twice as much coffee as you would for a regular cup. We would recommend 30g of ground coffee in a cafetiere. Allow the coffee to cool to room temperature before proceeding.
2. Next, combine the cooled coffee with 500ml of whole milk, 250g of sugar, 400ml of double cream, and a tsp of vanilla extract in a saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved over medium heat. Ensure not to boil the milk as it may curdle. After 5 to 10 minutes allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Now separate three egg yolks, in this step, it's very important not to just drop the yolks straight into your pan as it may scramble if you do. Whisk the yolks in a bowl, then slowly over add the cooled mixture until fully combined.
4. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Once the ice cream has finished churning, transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for several hours, or overnight if possible.
6. When you're ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls and enjoy! A dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate chips make a delicious topping for this tasty treat.
Caffeine is in Coffee Ice Cream
How much caffeine is in coffee ice cream? That depends on how the ice cream is made and how much coffee is used in the recipe. Generally speaking, the caffeine content of coffee ice cream is relatively low.
A typical serving of coffee ice cream contains about 20 mg of caffeine, which is about one-third the amount of caffeine in a cup of brewed coffee. However, some types of coffee contain more caffeine.
If you are worried about the levels of caffeine in this coffee ice cream recipe, you can always choose to use decaffeinated coffee. Making this change to the ingredients you use will not affect the taste of the ice cream.
We hope you enjoyed our coffee ice cream recipe. This delicious treat is perfect for summer days or any time you're in the mood for something sweet and refreshing. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Happy churning!